Friday, March 10, 2017

Thoughts from Chris Doyle '17


Tonight [Thursday] Ethan and I went out for a last dinner with our host family. The restaurant was owned by our host brother's aunt and we had a lot of family members come by the table to talk. It all helps with my Spanish skills. Since we've been with our family, I never felt as though we were strangers in the house. Our host parents, Christine and Luiz, have treated us like their own since we first walked in the door. Our host mother makes us coffee every morning and every afternoon after work. Taking to her helps improve my Spanish. I watch soccer games with my host father, and I taught my host brother to play blackjack. It's been a real family away from family experience. I'm grateful that I ended up with the people that I will always call family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment