Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Thoughts from Emma Maurer '18


Costa Rica has been nothing short of wonderful. The sights, food, and people are definitely worth the 5 hour flight. I will miss the constant wind, carefree evenings, and of course all the lively children at the Cloud Forest School. (Not to mention seeing rainbows and lemurs almost every day!) It goes without saying that environment here is absolutely beautiful. I have also become friends with peers I normally don't talk to at school. I am glad I can travel to such a wonderful place not just as a tourist, but as a contributor. Cement mixing and prying nails are far from glamorous - but despite my sore back and tired body, I know I will come home feeling accomplished. 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Emma, a lovely expression of the beauty there.

    ReplyDelete