Saturday, March 11, 2017

Thoughts from Ella Everke '19

Appreciate, learn, and step out of your comfort zone! 

These are the main things that I personally realized during my time in Costa Rica. Before I came here I knew that I was going to learn something. I did not know what exactly, but I was ready to learn. On this trip I learned how to mix cement, ride a horse, and speak some Spanish. I also got to know a lot of new people. One thing that I realized was that I should appreciate everything that I have and not look for the things I don't have. One example would be having no wifi at my host family's house. Without constantly checking my phone for new messages, I focused on the important things and noticed so much more. 

On Thursday I had the most incredible experience in my whole life - zip lining! Because I am terrified of heights I panicked in the beginning. The feeling I got when I did it was incredible, though. Besides the incredible view, I felt pure happiness and gratefulness. I could not stop smiling, just like the rest of the group. It was such an amazing experience that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment