Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thoughts from Ethan Weeks '20


Many things have contributed to my amazing experience in Costa Rica. I've found new friendships with students I've never even seen before on campus, made good friends with my host brother Carlos, eaten amazing food cooked by my host mother Christina, and although I don't speak fluent Spanish, my host family and I really got along well and have had a fun time together. 

The group also participated in many activities throughout the trip such as zip lining over the rain forests of Monteverde, sitting in hot springs, riding horses across steep and rocky hills, going to a snake house, and gathering with our construction crew and eating at Tramonti, an Italian restaurant. But the best thing is that I get to go home knowing that our group accomplished something at the CEC. We know this tree house is a part of these small childrens' lives at this school, which really motivated me to do more than to simply construct a tree house with mediocre effort, but to put my heart into this project. The morale of our team was always high and I feel that the uplifting spirits of everyone on the team helped to keep me going as well. I would do this trip 20 times over again if possible. IT HAS BEEN A BLAST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment