Monday, March 13, 2017

Thoughts from Felix Eckert '17

This travel has been an exceptional experience for me! The Costa Rican culture has been something I've never experienced before. Sometimes I was a bit annoyed as I love it as a German to do everything as efficiently as possible, and this culture is pretty much the opposite of that... But then you have these beautiful hills, surrounded by daily rainbows, the birds waking you up in the morning and fantastic coffee every morning. And of course incredibly friendly people who always have a smile on their face!

This country has shown me another beautiful side of the world, and I fell in love with it. I'm grateful for every memory I will keep about this place, whether it is my host family, the zip-lining tour over the jungle, a horse ride over many mountains and me almost falling off my horse, as Mr. Cohen couldn't control his horse, the ATV ride around the volcano, or relaxing in the hot springs of the volcano! These are only a few of my best memories of this beautiful place. And even though this journey is over, I know that I will come back one day to this country.

1 comment: